Friends of Big Sky Education
Lone Peak High School Community Scholarship Program
“A Culture of Scholarship” in the Big Sky Community
Call Jerry Mistretta at 406-995-2685 to establish a scholarship.
Friends of Big Sky Education (FOBSE) sponsors a college scholarship program for students graduating from Lone Peak High School and enrolling in an accredited post-secondary institution. Fifty eight students have receive over $181,700 since the program was instituted in 2015. Through the scholarship initiative, FOBSE promotes “A Culture of Scholarship” in the Big Sky Community. Our goal is to convey to students that we expect them to continue their education, and we are proud to help them.
Donors who establish a scholarship:
- May name the scholarship (Examples are memorial testaments, company names, special recognitions)
- May designate the criteria to be followed in the scholarship award
- Are able to use the FOBSE 501(c)(3) status for tax deductions
- May determine annually their continued support of the scholarship
- Will control the public recognition of their donation
- Will receive technical assistance from FOBSE for the donation process and description of scholarship, if requested
FOBSE hopes to raise $60,000 in scholarship funds for the Class of 2019. Scholarships will be awarded by a committee of school staff and community members who do not have family who are among the Class of 2018 graduates.
We would appreciate your support of our high school students.
Jerry and Anne Marie Mistretta, Whitney Littman, and Marsha McKillop for Friends of Big Sky Education